Phone: (760) 941-1763

Strategy Center

Tax Resources: Track Your Tax Refunds, Covered California Forms & More!

With so many things to think about and take care of, it seems like there’s just not enough time to find out how to start checking things off your list. We want to make sure you have easier access to the information for your tax and accounting needs. You’ll find information using these tax resources about How you can track your California (Franchise Tax Board) and Federal refunds, File a tax extension, Access a copy of your Covered California Healthcare forms and more! If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for below, call our office and we’ll be happy to help.



Track Your Tax Refund!

State of California (Franchise Tax Board):

To track your  California state refund click this link  “Where’s My FTB (CA State) Refund?”

Internal Revenue Services:

To track your Federal refund click this link  “Where’s My IRS (Federal) Refund?”

Not Ready To File Your Taxes?

You know you need to wait to file your taxes and you know that you’ll likely owe taxes. What you probably don’t know is that the extension doesn’t provide more time for you to pay and file, only more time for you to file. Which also means you need to pay taxes you owe by the deadline! Shocked?!

What’s A Filing Extension?

According to the IRS, “an extension of time to file your return does not grant you any extension of time to pay your taxes”. Most people don’t know that even if you file an extension, you still have to pay liabilities due to the IRS by the deadline. An extension provides up to 6 months (in most cases) for you to gather your tax forms. Which, would allow you to have until September to file your taxes. What it doesn’t do, is extend the time of when your payment is due. There are also late payment fees associated with payments made after the deadline. These late fees vary for each taxpayer.

If you have questions about filing an extension or you’d like to schedule a tax consultation to file your return after the tax deadline contact our office ASAP!

Lost Your Health Care Form(s) (1095-A, B or C)?

Well, you can find a copy of the forms online by logging into your Covered  California account. Click  Covered California to access your online healthcare marketplace account information. From there you can access that tax year forms and information for the current filing year. To print your healthcare tax forms (1095-A, B or C). Log into your online marketplace account and you should be able to pull up the 1095-A, B or C form, under “Documents and Correspondence” or “Tax Forms”. Click here for more information on how to access your forms.

What Are Tax Estimate Payments?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, Estimated Tax Payments is used to pay not only income tax but other taxes such as self-employment tax and alternative minimum tax. If you are in business for yourself, you generally need to make estimated tax payments. If you receive salaries and wages, you can avoid having to pay estimated tax by asking your employer to withhold more tax from your earnings. To do this, file a new Form W-4 (PDF) with your employer.

Are you required to make estimated payments?

Individuals, including sole proprietors, partners, and S corporation shareholders, generally have to make estimated tax payments if they expect to owe tax of $1,000 or more when their return is filed. Corporations generally have to make estimated tax payments if they expect to owe tax of $500 or more when their return is filed.

To learn more about estimated tax payment visit the IRS website by clicking here, or contact our office to speak with one of our tax consultants. Our Tax Consultants would be glad to meet with your for a Tax Planning session and help you set up your estimated tax payments for the current tax year.

Contact The FTB & IRS Directly

Franchise Tax Board (State of California)

Internal Revenue Service 

Written by Felicia Winfield

Felicia is the Marketing Specialist for DePauw Johnson. She loves sharing and curating content that aids in the wellbeing, and simplifies the daily lives, of others. Her passions are her family, marketing and enjoying the best of sunny Southern California.

Leave a Reply